Author Topic: Craft ideas for kids?  (Read 162 times)

Offline ChristineLA

Craft ideas for kids?
« on: October 01, 2019, 11:34 PM »
My daughters who are almost six want to have a baked goods and crafts fair to raise money for shelter animals. I’m trying to come up with some crafts they can do (with my help) that people would want to purchase (for $1 or $2). They are basing their idea off of a Facebook page where kids sell kid-made soap, jewelry etc. They usually sell it for less than $5. Most of the kids on that site are a bit older. I’ve thought my girls could make holiday-themes beaded necklaces and friendship bracelets for other kids. Maybe holiday ornaments? Would love to hear your ideas of crafts for kids! Thank you!!

Offline Verla Kay

• Chief Administrator
  • Administrator
  • New Poster
    • Verla Kay Creations
Re: Craft ideas for kids?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 10:07 AM »
A project we (my great grandkids and I) found fun was to buy packages of clear plastic ornaments at our local Dollar Tree store and then drizzle (thinned with water) colored acrylic paints inside, swirl the paint around a little and then let them dry. Glitter, feathers, wiggly eyes, etc. can be glued on to further decorate them. They are so original and could be a fun project for your girls. Also, they might paint funny faces on rocks to use for paperweights. (Or if they are small and flat enough, glue magnets to the backs of them to use on refrigerators.)

Have fun!
Verla Kay - Crafter and Children's Author
http://www.verlakay.com